Monday, August 13, 2012

JULY FAVORITES 2012 - ALL DRUGSTORE

July Favorites :)
Yes..I am aware I am a little late, but better now then never haha. So these are products I have been enjoying this month. I'll be posting a favorites each month, with atleast one item pertaining to eyes, lips, face, hair, skin etc. :) So lets get into it!

FOR REFERENCE:
I am a MAC NC 40 in the winter NC 42 in the Summer
Revlon Photo Ready in Toast
Maybelline 24 Hr Superstay In True Beige
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Medium Beige

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15 12 fl oz



KEY INGREDIENTS:Oatmeal (skin soother); avobenzone, octisalate, octocrylene, and oxybenzone (sunscreens)

PRICE: $6-$12

REVIEW: I use the same Aveeno but without the SPF during the winter but once summer rolls around I use this. Its moisturising, comes with alot of product, protects my skin and doesnt smell too bad. I generally don't love any lotion with SPF because it'll always be slightly greasier and thicker. However, after reading this article I've been wearing it more  - http://now.msn.com/you-will-surely-want-sunscreen-after-seeing-this-mans-face?_p=382d8d0e-88ad-49a5-a5ad-6c691d011e1b. Girl, use that sunscreen! Just a warning though, I have very dry skin so I can deal with the thickness of this - if you have oily skin this might be too greasy for you.


BUY: 
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=Aveeno+Daily+Moisturizing+Lotion+spf&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Organix Anti-Breakage Serum with Nourishing Coconut Milk 4 fl oz 

KEY INGREDIENTS:     
Silk Amino Complex, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Egg White Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Fragrance

PRICE:$6-$9

REVIEW: 
I've been using this for quite sometime now, almost a year and its about 3/4 through as you can see in the picture above. When I get out of the shower and my hair is about half way dry I will rub about a quarter size into my ends and then comb through with a wide tooth comb to spread it. This is extremely potent and thick so I would not recommend putting this near your roots. If you use heat on your hair after using this it will be very soft, silky and hydrated. I don't know if this really cures split ends, it might just help hydrate it which will disguise them. But this is really good stuff, I love how this makes my hair soft and manageable. 

BUY:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=Organix+Anti-Breakage+Serum&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg


Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things Noir Tease Scented Body Mist 2.5 Fl Oz

SCENT: Warm blend of black vanilla, frozen pear and blooming gardenia. 

PRICE: The full size 8.4 fl  oz bottle is $25, the small size I have was around $10-15

REVIEW: 
I bought this about a year ago and this small size is still lasting me. I love how unique this smells and I've got a lot of compliments on this. Its definitely not a fruity or sweet scent, its more.. deep..? I don't know..it smells really good haha. It's not too pricey and the scent does linger, I would definitely recommend this if your looking for a reasonably priced long lasting body spray. 

BUY:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=victoria%27s+secret+Sexy+Little+Things+Noir+Tease&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg


Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Blackest Black 0.38 Oz

PRICE: $7-$12   **I got two of these with an eye-liner in a value pack at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian store) for about $6 - they might still have some in the clearance section check it out if you live in Canada :)

REVIEW:
This is my go-to mascara, I always end up coming back to this. I've even tried some high-end mascaras and various raved mascaras but this is definitely my absolute favourite. I don't have the waterproof kind but it stays on all day without flaking and gives me really natural looking defined lashes. I have really stick straight lashes, not too long or thick and I don't like to wear false lashes or heavy mascara on a regular basis. This is perfect because it still gives me volume and some length and just makes my lashes look better. I like how this doesn't make my lashes crunchy and brittle feeling, its a nice smooth texture. If you have long curly lashes, this mascara will probably do wonders for you! Try it out and bat those lashes girl ;)

BUY:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=Revlon+Grow+Luscious+Mascara&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Jordana Color Effects Powder Eyeshadow Single in Number 15 Bronzeville 0.058 oz

 PRICE: $1.99

REVIEW:
I picked this up at a local dollar store and I've been loving it for the summer. Its the perfect shimmery bronzey shade. I love using just this shade on my eyes with a little mascara and eyeliner - looks so pretty. Its super cheap and comes with a lot of product. It has good pay off and you cant go wrong with this colour and price. This would look really  
            good on all skin tones, but it looks especially nice on tan/olive skin tones like mine. I'm a Mac NC40-42 for reference. In Canada check out local dollar stores for Jordana Cosmetics. I believe its the same in the USA :)



BUY:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=Jordana+Color+Effects+Powder+Eyeshadow+Single+bronzeville&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

NYX Concealer in a Jar in 04 Beige 0.25 oz

I blended in some next to the swatch
COVERAGE- Medium to full

PRICE- $5-$7

REVIEW:
I have clear skin but really dark under eye circles, I use this to help brighten my under eye area. This is probably the most moisturising and creamy concealer I have ever used and a little goes a long way. This is supposed to be a dupe for the MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer - my sister has this and it actually is a good dupe, much cheaper though! This is very rich and creamy so you definitely need to set this to prevent creasing. I use this in conjunction with a few other products to completely conceal my under eyes - I have done a complete blog post on how I cover my dark under eyes with this concealer and the same shade in Orange: click here to check it out Anyway, there is a really good colour selection for these. We don't have NYX in Canada so I did order these online. I also like using this as a highlighter on my cheek bone or brow bone, its so easy to blend this out so check this out ladies.

BUY:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=NYX+Concealer+in+a+Jar&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush Heather Silk 0.14 oz
COLOUR: A beautiful matte pink/berry shade

PRICE: $3-$6 (Way cheaper in USA, usually $5 in Canada)

REVIEW:
This is my favourite blush ever probably. Amazing pigmentation. No really, its insanely pigmented. I barely tapped any product in the swatch and that's how much pay off I got. This is a dupe for MAC Dollymix Blush. I actually like this better then MAC blushes or any other blush I have tried. It's so hard finding pigmented matte blushes, so this is a keeper. It would look good on all skin tones and it's super blendable and long lasting. I've had this for about a year and I use it almost every day and still haven't hit pan. Go buy this. Now!

BUY:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=Wet+n+Wild+Color+Icon+Blush+Heather+Silk&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

New York Color ( NYC ) Smooch Proof 16 Hr Lip Stain in Forever Fuschia 0.1 Fl oz

COLOUR: Girl..this is not fuschia! Trust me! It is pink/red colour that is close to my natural lip colour.

PRICE: $4-$6 ** I bought mine at Rexall on sale for about $2, it comes on sale a lot

REVIEW:
I love this. I literally wear this pretty much everyday. I put lip balm on, let it sink in and then I will apply this, let it sink in and then apply another layer of lip balm. The reason I apply so much lip balm is because lip stains will seep into the cracks of your lips and dry up into a really ugly mess if you don't moisturise your lips. Its a nicer version of my natural lip colour and is perfect for everyday - it has no shimmer and looks really natural and fresh. I've had this for about a year and as I said I use it like everyday and it still hasn't run out on me. However, I probably will repurchase soon and maybe try new shades. Now for the bad...its not smooch proof or 16 hour wear. If you load this up maybe it will last through your smooches and food... but it will seep into cracks and look pretty gross so I wouldn't do that. If your not eating much or smooching, it will last you 4-5 hours until you need to re apply. I really don't mind this though, the price is amazing and if I don't reapply all day, at the end of the night there still is a tinge of colour so its not terrible. I carry this in my purse and if I'm really rushed I will even  use this on my cheeks! Overall, I love this its awesome :)

BUY:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=9&pub=5575022912&toolid=10001&campid=5337148503&customid=&icep_uq=New+York+Color+%28+NYC+%29+Smooch+Proof+16+Hr+Lip+Stain&icep_sellerId=&icep_ex_kw=&icep_sortBy=12&icep_catId=&icep_minPrice=&icep_maxPrice=&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

Well that's my ramblings for my faves this month - comment and let me know yours or if you have any recommendations/suggestions etc.

Love,
Miss Beyond Beauty <3


No comments:

Post a Comment