Friday, August 17, 2012

Natural Beauty: The best face mask - DIY Oat, Yogurt and Honey Mask


Hey guys! I'm a strong believer in home remedies, natural DIY beauty fixes and going organic. My Natural Beauty series will be me posting various DIY recipes I use in my beauty regimen. I have very clear skin and thick healthy hair and I owe it all to using natural products. If you don't believe it, you must try it.

Not only does it save money, you know exactly what your using on your skin, hair and body. Don't you ever read the ingredients on some of your bottles and see the strangest chemicals..and recognize probably only one ingredient haha?

Anyway, this is my go to face mask. Its kind of a 4-in-1 exfoliater, toner, cleanser and moisturiser. I'll explain the benefits at the end if you're interested :)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
-1 tablespoon yogurt
-1 tablespoon oats
-1/2 teaspoon honey

This will make a very generous amount, trust me :) What you want to do is mix the ingredients together and let it sit for a couple minutes. This will allow the oats to absorb some of the yogurt and sort of break down into gentle exfoliating beads rather then rough oats. Do not let it sit for too long or it will absorb too much.

Apply to your face, neck and anywhere else you desire. Gently work it in, do this over the sink because you will have some fall out. Now let it sink in for 10-15 minutes until it dries. I like to put my hair mask in at the same time and let them both sink in before I shower (hair mask recipe will be coming soon). In the shower just wash it off as you would any cleanser. You will notice your skin will be hydrated, soft and any breakouts will have minimized. I do this once a week or once every 2 weeks and I swear by this. Give it a try!

Why does this do wonders for your skin?
Yogurt - Yogurt is rich in vitamins and probiotics which has a lot of anti bacterial properties. It also brightens skin, tightens pores and has pH balancing toner properties. It is suitable for oily and dry skin.

Oats - Oats are known to soothe skin and reduce inflammation. Anyone with acne or redness will notice many benefits from the oats.The slight roughness will help exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells. However, it is still rich in moisture so it will leave your skin hydrated.

Honey - Honey is extremely moisturising which is why we do not add too much to our mask, just the right amount. Honey has many anti-aging properties and is known to have a small amount of hydrogen peroxide content. This will brighten your skin as well as help heal and nourish the skin

The combo of these 3 will give your skin everything you need. Let me know how it goes :)

Love,
Miss Beyond Beauty

missbeyondbeauty1@gmail.com


3 comments:

  1. I used freshly ground oat flour instead of oats. I like the consistency a little better than the whole oats. This is awesome though!! I have it on right now, and it has such a cooling effect on the skin. Thanks for the recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete