Friday, August 17, 2012

Quick & Easy Summer Greek Pasta Salad Recipe



Hey guys! I whipped up this salad for a picnic in less then a half hour. Is it authentic greek? Probably not! But, it tastes SO good and is perfect for lunch, school, work and summer days :) So lets get started!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
*I used what ever I had in my fridge feel free to add/change any ingredients.Also, I don't drink so I did not have wine in my dressing, but I do know this is common.

Servings: This made a large bowl, about 4-6 servings

-15 Cherry Tomatoes - I cut them into halfs
-2 1/2 cups pasta - I used rotini, penne would be fine as well
-1 bell paper - I used a yellow one
-1/2 jalapeƱo -I love my spice but you can totally use another bell pepper if you don't like a spicy kick
-1 red onion
-3/4 cup feta cheese crumbled - I used my favourite kind, Treselle Light (this is in Canadian grocery stores, not sure about American)

Dressing:
-1/2 cup olive oil
-2 tablespoon fresh lemon squeezed
-2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1.5 teaspoon oregano
-1.5 teaspoon italian spice
-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (Again, I love my spice haha)
-Salt & pepper to taste
-A pinch of sugar - this will take away from the acidity of the tomatoes. If you are using sweet cherry tomatoes then you don't have to use
*If you want a more creamier dressing, add a tablespoon of yogurt or mayo

1. Boil a pot of water, add a pinch of salt. Once boiled, add in pasta and cook per instructions. Should be 10-15 minutes

2. While the pasta is boiling, cut up your vegetables and crumble your feta cheese. Combine in a bowl 

3. Make your dressing and add to the bowl 
4. Once pasta has been boiled, drain the water and wash with cold water (prevents sticking). Let it cool, you don't want to add warm pasta into a cold pasta salad. 
5. Combine pasta with veggies and dressing, mix and put it in the fridge

Your done! It's light, delicious and really quite easy. Bon appetite :)

Love, 
Miss Beyond Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment